On March 30, 2022, DIGITWIN Founder and CTO, Eric Liu, was invited to Member Get Together session hosted by The Smart Urban Co-Innovation Lab, where Eric and Sean from Unity shared a stage to discuss the topic of Digital Twin and Metaverse solutions in Built Environment.
Background and context of The Smart Urban Co-Innovation Lab
The Smart Urban Co-Innovation Lab, Southeast Asia’s first industry-led lab for smart cities solutions development, initiated by CapitaLand and supported by the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) and Enterprise Singapore (ESG).
Read more: https://www.capitaland.com/international/en/about-capitaland/newsroom/news-releases/international/2020/oct/smart-urban-co-innovation-lab-opens-in-capitaland-singapore-science-park.html
It was an insightful session with interesting discussion points. Continue reading to find out more about the Digital Twin future. The discussion revolves around these questions below.
1) Why is it important to use Digital Twin simulations to create a smart city?
2) What are the steps to take for Digital Twin Solution adoption? What is the level of complexity during the implementation stage?
3) What are the challenges of Digital Twin technology (eg. Identifying and nurturing new skillsets, building new business models and technology evolutions)
4) How to ensure the interactions between multiple data sources are secured in the Digital Twin environment?
5) Over a long period of time, data format and data storage can evolve. The risk of having unreadable data becomes higher. How do you keep data format and storage options consistent?
Eric Liu, Founder and CTO of Virspatial Technologies, introduced a project we recently commissioned [NUS 5G-enabled Cloud-based Digital Twin Platform for Smart FMS] and gave some of his personal insights to all members on how Digital Twin technology empowers intelligent O&M control of scenarios through spatial computing.
The Digital Twin solution for NUS was beyond visualization. The developer team has equipped the solution with feature rich content and responsive system control through 𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞® platform, pushing human-machine interaction to a new level.
This project is a collaboration between Virspatial, the Singapore branch of DIGITWIN, and National University of Singapore. The objective is to create a digital twin platform that enables the digital upgrade of its new 5G Digital Building Technology Centre (Net-zero energy building).
Featured on news article:
New NUS Centre for 5G Digital Building Technology to augment digital capability of Singapore’s built
Digital Twin technology and Enterprise Metaverse applications are not just a "Domestic Technology Trend", but an international technology wave. In the near future, DIGITWIN will enable more metaverse applications with its spatial twin data engine.
Join us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/virspatial
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/virspatial
Follow us on Instagram: https://instagram.com/virspatial
Follow us on Tik Tok: https://tiktok.com/virspatial
Website: Find out more about us! https://www.virspatial.com/